Sunday, April 25, 2010

Spring Break Fun - Albuquerque Botanical Gardens

We visited the Albuquerque Botanical Gardens, which was beautiful and very fun! When we first entered, there was a castle and a huge dragon. We walked over the castle bridge and suddenly felt like we were in the movie "Honey I Shrunk the Kids." Everything was HUGE...huge insects, flowers, vegetables, and a huge pumpkin that we walked inside of (I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture of everything ): ).

The gardens also had an amazing, elaborate toy railroad set up. Of course that was Jaden's favorite part of the whole trip! The detail was pretty amazing! His least favorite part (along with mine) was a bug exhibit that they had, displaying huge tarantulas, cockroaches, and too many other yucky things to even describe. I couldn't even bring myself to get close enough to get a decent picture.

The flowers at the gardens were amazing and have inspired me to attempt to plant my own flower garden this spring...I don't have a green thumb at all, so I will update you on that project later!



This is about as far as we got into the "Fantastic World of Bugs"


The flowers were amazing! I definitely plan to go home and start a garden of our own. Well, I guess "garden" is a stretch. Maybe a flower "pot" is a good start.


Enjoying the duck pond.


The trains were so much fun to watch. While I work on getting a garden started at home, Sam's project is to set up one of these in the backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment