Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Jaden and Nana enjoying the light sprinkle in the air.
Jaden loved seeing the choo choo trains in the train store.
My Mom, Angela, Dad, Jaden, Beto, Aubrey, Sam and Elijah walking around the shops in downtown Ruidoso.
Jaden and his Papa.
Very curious about something.
Sweet cousins (the babies, I mean).
Happy Elijah loving the outdoors.
Jaden's first attempt at golf. It's a good thing he's good at soccer, and baseball.
This is how Jaden decided to play - set the ball right by the hole and he's guaranteed a hole in one (almost) every time!
Waiting to see if the guys can beat his score. I don't know though, he put up some tough competition!
Is Jaden in that go-cart??
There he is! Jaden loved driving the go-carts. He and Sam rode over and over.
And of course, he had to drive the "tractor".
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
The happy couple, Beto and Becky.
Krystal, Melissa, Jaden, Becky, Beto, and Sam.
The Bejarano's and Cordova's.
Three very goofy guys!
It took forever to finally get a decent picture of these three.
The whole group, one last time before Becky and Beto move. Wouldn't that be fun if we ALL went to Oceanside and stayed at their apartment!!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
- "20 Much": It was Jaden's Papa Sam's birthday at the end of May and we were trying to get him to say that Papa Sam was "one hundred" (because we knew his grandpa would get a kick out of this). For some reason, he just never caught on. So when we quizzed him an asked, "How old is Papa Sam?" His response was "Um...20 much."
- "You Mean Stomach?": I have always massaged Jaden with lotion after his bath and now he is at an age where he wants to help and put the lotion on himself. His favorite thing to do is dunk his finger into the tub of Eucerin (which is pretty thick and takes some work to rub in) and put it on his face. He ends up leaving dollops of lotion all over his face. So one day during his massage, I tried to get him to put the lotion on his stomach instead of his face, so I said "Put it on your tummy." He casually said, "You mean stomach, mom?" Well excuse me! (he may as well have rolled his eyes while he said it)
- "I Need a Popsicle": One day at Nana and Papa's house, Jaden fell and bumped his mouth on one of their tables. It started bleeding, and he started screaming. Papa hurried to get him a popsicle to suck on to alleviate the pain and swelling. Ever since then, any time that Jaden gets hurt, even if it's a tiny scratch on his finger, he says, "I need a popsicle."
- ".com": Every Saturday morning Jaden gets to watch a little bit of TV with his daddy (I think his daddy enjoys the cartoons more than he does, which is why he made this Saturday morning TV "rule"). Jaden's (and Sam's) favorites are Barney, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Imagination Movers. Anyway, one weekend he spent the night at Nana and Papa's house and asked to watch Barney. Nana asked him where to find Barney and Jaden said, "Barney.com." I have no idea where he got that from!
- "I Want a Tummy Ache": This one took me a little while to figure out... For Easter, Jaden got tons of eggs with a little bit of candy or crackers in each. We keep the eggs in a basket up in the pantry and he gets to have one egg every few days or so. We've still got a basket full, so he continues to get an egg whenever we or he thinks of it. One day, after finishing the jelly beans in his egg, Jaden asked to have another one. I told him no because I didn't want him to get a tummy ache. Then, just the other day, Jaden came into the kitchen holding his tummy and painfully said, "I want a tummy ache." We were getting ready to go to a party, so my first thought was that he was sick and we wouldn't be able to go. He kept repeating, "I want a tummy ache." So I picked him up and asked him if his tummy was hurting. He said, "no!" Then I was really confused, so i asked him, "You want a tummy ache?" He said, "yes." I'm wondering what on earth he is talking about, so I asked him to show me what a tummy ache was. He went to the pantry and pointed up at the basket of eggs! Then it clicked...the day that I told him I didn't want him to have a tummy ache, he thought I was calling the eggs tummy aches!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Aubrey and Elijah ready for Western Playland.
Jaden picked the bus for his first ride...
then the car...
then the motorcycle...
and finally the fire truck. There was practically nobody else there, so the poor ride attendant had to keep stopping the ride just so Jaden could switch cars, then start it up again.
Elijah and Nana.
Elijah getting kisses from his Great Grandpa.
Carli holding Elijah.
Lance and Jaden having fun jumping and bouncing.
Sweet Lainey with her bright blue eyes!
There's precious baby Aubrey.
Aubrey with Aunt Melissa and Elijah with Carli (on the bouncy ball...must have been fussing).
It looks like the bouncy ball was successful!
These poor boys were starving after swimming.
Aunt Nancy figured out a fun ride for Lainey. Jaden decided to hop on too!
And then they all thought it would be fun to ride together...not sure Lainey agreed.