Monday, August 30, 2010

Project Playroom - - UPDATE!

Waaay back at the beginning of June, I posted about beginning our Playroom Project (see that post here: (http://momoftwopreciousboys.blogspot.com/search/label/Playroom). Well, here we are at the end of August and I have yet to post an update on the big project, which literally took me all summer to complete! We (meaning my Aunt Mary and I) still have some final touches to do, but here it is!!

After much contemplation, I decided to go with GREEN for the walls!

My little helper ready to go!

I was so nervous about this part, but after a little while it was Jaden's nap time, and by the time he woke up, the wall was completely painted! (He is wearing a tank top of mine, not a dress - in case that question was going through your mind :o).

I originally had white shelving in the room, and something about it just wasn't "right" in the space with the new wall color, so I decided to go with dark brown instead.

And here the room is now, after two months of work!

The Reading Area...

Above the Block Area, my Aunt Mary painted this frame to surround the collection of picture frams. I attached wall decal dots, and she printed the Dr. Suess quote "Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is noone alive who is youer than you." around the inside border.

The photo collage wall. I used the old wrapping paper trick to get each frame placed just right (I traced each frame onto wrapping paper and cut them out, then positioned them with tape until I was happy with the layout; then swapped the wrapping paper for the actual frames).

Organizing (my favorite part)!!! I have a bit of an obsession with labels, organizing, containers, and baskets. I printed pictures of each container's contents and slid each one into a plastic badge holder and used the badge clips to hook them onto the containers (and added a little bit of ribbon, just cuz)! Did I mention how much I love organizing :o).

Still to Do: The main green wall will eventually have a large blue tree painted on it, along with some framed pictures. And a few Dr. Seuss wall decal quotes will be added.

1 comment: