Tuesday, July 7, 2009

No More Dossier...I Hope

I am sooooo glad to be done with my Dossier! In case you haven't been one of the lucky ones to hear me gripe and complain about it for at least the past year, the Professional Development Dossier is a huge "project" that must be completed by teachers in NM in order to advance in teaching licensure. It has to be completed before the end of your fifth year of teaching or you lose your teaching license - next year's my fifth year (talk about procrastination)! Now that I've submitted it, it must be reviewed and meet and pass the criteria in each of the three different sections; if not, I've got two more chances to resubmit. So I'm not completely rid of it yet, but I am hopeful and will find out mid August whether I passed or not. It was a loooong process. I started working on it before Jaden was born, and after many extra late nights, lots of work in between babies napping (or with Elijah on my lap), and trips to the library (kid-less) to work on it, it's done...for now, at least! I guess I could have done it two years ago, before kids, but what can I say, I like a good challenge! And a challenge it was. I am so lucky to have such wonderful family and friends who volunteered to help watch the kiddos so that I could get this done. My parents were especially wonderful, taking any opportunity to watch Jaden and Elijah so that I could work - they were just as anxious for me to get it over with! And now I just have to wait and hope that I don't have to do it all over again! We shall see.....

Update on 8/17/09: I PASSED!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I didn't know there was any other way than a whole bunch of prof. dev. hours and paying 100 bucks to renew it. Yuck- that would be awful. Do you have to do that every 5 years? Good thing you are done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It's crazy. If I pass this time, I don't have to do it again unless I want to move up to level III! I don't know about that!

    ReplyDelete