As a preschool teacher, I can see firsthand the huge difference it makes when parents simply have conversations with their children. Sam and I love talking to Jaden and Elijah and do it very often. We ask questions, tell stories, role play, and sing songs regularly! Tonight while tucking Jaden into bed (and while waiting for daddy to bring up a cup of water), I asked Jaden several questions just for fun, to see what kind of answers he would give. They are cute:
1. What is your favorite food to eat?
2. What is your favorite color?
"Blue. No, I like red."
3. What is your favorite animal?
"I like the dinosaur with lots of colors, like that one (pointing to a painting of dinosaurs that his Uncle Jeremy made him with his name on it). That one says Jaden."
4. How old are you?
5. What is your name?
6. When is your birthday?
7. What do you like to drink?
"Juice and water."
8. What place do you like to go to?
"I want to go to the Shamu show again!"
9. Who do you like to give hugs to?
"Grandma and Nana and all the Papa's."
10. Who are your friends?
"Taylor and Whitney and Cody Joe and Caleb and Gueda and Nando and Stephie and Connor..."
11. Who do you like to play with?
"Mommy and daddy."
12. What clothes do you like to wear?
"My Spiderman shirt."
13. What toy do you like to play with?
"Ummm... my jets."
14. Do you like to help mommy and daddy?
"Yea, I can clean my playroom and put Lijah's diaper in the trash."